The Bar Council also obtained from the University of Sydney an assurance that, as rooms became vacant in University Chambers, 167 Phillip Street, they would be given
Less successful negotiations were carried out with the Australasian Pioneers' Club in an endeavour to secure temporary space in part
of the club's premises at 173 Phillip Street which it had then recently acquired. A sub-committee also tried to obtain the occupancy or ownership of 169 Phillip Street adjoining University Chambers, but ascertained that the building was required by the Minister in charge of Tourist Activities.
By 1950 attempts to establish chambers in the Teachers' Federation building, Phillip House and St. James Hall (all in Phillip Street) had ended in failure.