NSW Bar Association
The history of Counsel's Chambers Limited is intimately linked to the NSW Bar Association. CCL was incorporated by the Bar Association 55 years ago and shared its staff and premises for its first 28 years.
The Bar Association was amongst the first occupants in Wentworth Chambers having moved into the basement level just prior to
the Opening Ceremony in August 1957.
The basement of Wentworth Chambers accommodated the Bar Association's offices, the common room and library.
The Bar Association's accommodation requirements have grown significantly over the years and they now occupy the whole of the Wentworth and Selborne Chambers basement level, the sub-basement where the library is now located and the 1st Floor of the NDC where Professional Conduct staff are accommodated.
In recognition of its relationship with the NSW Bar Association, CCL leases space to it at discounted rates. CCL remains committed to the preservation of its relationship with the NSW Bar Association and hopes and expects that the happy association that the organizations have enjoyed will continue for at least another 50 years.
CCL would like to acknowledge and thank the
Bar Association for their support and assistance with
the preparation of this Commemorative Booklet.